The Unique & Environmentally Friendly Option of Bamboo Flooring
For those who understand the value of the environment, bamboo is a significant and viable option to tree wood flooring. Bamboo flooring is analogous to hardwood floors in durability and sturdiness. It just as hard as maple and oak, it is even tougher than a number of traditional hardwood flooring materials used in the average homes.
Today it is a very popular material for flooring both for its strength and eco-friendliness. Bamboo can be stained and finished just like regular hardwood and thus, bamboo flooring comes in a variety of colors and grains, just like hardwood flooring.
At Abbott Paint & Carpet we sell only the highest quality bamboo flooring products.
Duro Design’s strand bamboo is 100x harder and more dent-resistant than red oak. It is a high-density flooring made by fusing bamboo fibers under extreme pressure and rates 2800lbs on the Janka ball test. And, unlike other types, Strand bamboo is the best defense against high heels in flooring.
- Sustainable and renewable – regenerates 8 times faster than hardwood
- Moso bamboo with 5-7 years maturity has superior strength
- Contains no PVCs and no added formaldehyde
- 25-year structural and 5-year renewable finish warranty
Ultra-resistant to high traffic
Because of its density and high-performance finish, strand bamboo offers a long-lived floor for the commercial setting too.
- 6′-long planks, 3 3/4” wide by 17/32” thick
- Installed as a glued-down with our low-VOC adhesive
- Installed conventionally nailed-down floor
Bamboo comes in different color shades and grains making it a sustainable, strong and very beautiful flooring option. As a natural material, it is a perfect eco-friendly resource.